Before we discuss 10 most popular superfruits, let’s first understand what essential a super fruit is –
What are Superfruits?
Basically, the term “superfruit” has no technical meaning. Generally, this term is used to describe the nutrient-rich fruits which are recommended for good health and well-being by the physicians. In 2005, this word was used in the beverage and food especially for fruits with high antioxidant levels and nutrient densities. This was just a simple marketing idea which was improved with time. In the present time, superfruits are sold in the form of juices, supplements, and energy drinks.
Here is the list of 10 most popular superfruits:
- Acai Berries: This is the most nourishing fruit which keeps you healthy and young. The color of this berry is purple and it’s found in Amazon Rainforest. The fruit is considered as the #1 superfruit by some experts. This is full of amino acids, proteins, and vitamins like A, E, & B1. Benefits of this fruit are:
- Boosts energy level
- Helpful in weight loss
- Improves mental health
- Enhances blood circulation
- Aids digestion
- Keeps the skin healthy and glowing
- Boosts Immunity
- Detoxifies and cleanses
- Promotes heart health
- Pomegranate: This is a reddish fruit containing tons of juicy seeds inside. It is found in Southwestern Asia, but mostly grown in dry and warm regions across the world. The fruit is rich in potassium and vitamin C. The total antioxidants available in a pomegranate are three times more than available in red wine and green tea.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Used in supplements
- Apples: An apple in a day keeps the doctor away. We’ve all heard that. This is not just a clichéd phrase but it’s the truth. This red and green color fruit always makes the list of super fruits. Apples are a great source of fiber. Additional benefits of regularly eating apples are –
- Contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory powder, and antihistamine
- Protects you from heart problems
- Promotes better lung functions
- Prevents possible allergies
- Avocados: This is an egg-shaped fruit full of healthy fatty acids and monounsaturated fat. This fruit is perfect for good health. The fat available in this fruit enhances the absorption of carotenoids like lycopene and beta-carotene which is good for the healthy heart.
Benefits of Avocado:
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Raises the amount of good cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Lowers down the risk of diabetes and heart disease
- Kiwi: Looking for the daily dose of your vitamin C? Make kiwi your regular fruit if you are suffering from digestive gripes. Kiwi is full of vitamin C and includes more potassium than bananas.
Benefits you get:
- Highly fibrous
- Perfects for people with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Contains pre-biotic complex carbohydrates
- Bananas: Fun fact – a bannan is technically a berry, not a fruit. Also, it’s the easiest one to eat. The tremendous benefits it offers make it the most popular superfruit. Bananas are overloaded with potassium and they happen to be an excellent source of fiber.
The benefits of eating bananas regularly are:
- Lowered blood pressure
- Better metabolism
- Contains only 110 calories and no fat
- Decreases the risk of strokes and cancer
- Boosts energy level and keeps you fit
- Cantaloupe: This super fruit is the ultimate weapon for younger, glowing, and smooth looking skin. The fruits contain vitamin A. Cantaloupes contain adenosine which is used for the treatment of heart problems. Because of high nutrients and vitamins, they are known for the good health and well-being. Health benefits of this fruit:
- Thins your blood to avoid clot formation
- Relieve angina attacks
- Boots reproduction of cells
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits from tangerines to limes are full of fiber, vitamin C, and disease-fighting properties. This is precisely why all citrus fruits are superfruits. They are
- Full of minerals and nutrients
- Offer protection from sun damage
- Prevent aging spots
- Regulate oil glands
- Papayas: It is an exotic fruit that you can add to your diet. They are very high in nutrients. A papaya has more vitamin C than Lemon and Orange.
- Great source of potassium
- Controls blood pressure and body fluids
- Vitamin A good for eyesight & skin
- Pineapple: Pineapples are incredibly healthy and even more delicious. They are highly rich in fiber, vitamin C, copper, and manganese. They also contain Bromelain – an important digestive enzyme. Advantages of including pineapple in your diet:
- Improves eye sight
- Supports immune system
- Reduces bloating
- Cancer prevention
- Maintains bone and oral health
This is the list of the 10 most popular superfruits and how they benefit our health. Each and every fruit in the list is a mix of great minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins. The fruits come in the market as per the season. Add these super fruits to your diet to live a super-healthy life!