Hormones play a vital role in boosting overall health and fitness. Right hormonal levels contribute to zeal, enthusiasm, and energy. Imbalance of the same can cause a lot of health issues such as fatigue, weight gain, depression, insomnia, and cravings.
The one and the only solution to maintain the hormonal system is your diet. Whatever you eat directly impact your overall health. To keep your hormonal system balanced and avoid health issues, it is necessary to have a nutrient rich diet.
Here are top 5 superfoods to help you balance hormones in your body
- Coconut Oil: This is definitely the most effective superfood to initiate your journey to more balanced hormones. Coconut oil prevents all skin issues caused by the lack of hormones. The nutrients available in this oil help you in generating hormones in your body. A study represents that people who have added coconut oil in their diet plan are the most youthful and healthier looking people than others. You can intake coconut oil in different ways like add it to your daily smoothies, mix it in your coffee, or anything else wherever possible. Addition of coconut oil in your regular diet can help you maintain your overall wellness and health.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered a great source of vitamins B6, D, and E. These vitamins help prevent Premenstrual (PMS) symptoms. This superfood is also known to improve HDL cholesterol level in the body. And HDL cholesterol (good type of cholesterol) is the perfect source of hormone creation.
Also, the egg yolk is healthy food for boosting the healthy hormones. The egg yolk is rich in minerals and vitamins and helps you in improving your health. Whereas available nutrients in it help you in balancing hormones. Overall, eggs contain healthy cholesterol which is the key to hormones production and distribution.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: These acids are known as the basic building block of eicosanoids (hormones group). These hormones have the local and short-lived effect in the human body. Eicosanoids in your body help you cope with inflammation. The human body can’t produce eicosanoids without enough amount of fatty acids diet plan. So omega 3 fatty acids should be there in your regular diet.
There is a lot of omega 3 fats in fatty fishes like tuna and salmon. The healthy nutrients available in these fishes help you fight against hormonal problems. You can take fish oil supplementation to ensure that you are getting enough amount of fatty acids continuously.
- Red Wine: Yes, this is right! It is medically proven fact that red wine can help you cure imbalance hormones. According to Annie Lawless who is Blawnde founder & holistic health coach explains, “Red wine contains resveratrol, a highly anti-inflammatory polyphenol whose benefits, like healthy hormone production, come from its estrogenic properties.” So don’t hesitate and cheers to the glass of red wine!
- Shrimp: Shrimps are another superfood which helps you in hormone balancing in your body. If you’re a sports-person then shrimps are very necessary for you. A lot of protein present in shrimps helps you produce and balance hormones in the body. Also, deficiency of vitamin D is another common cause of hormonal imbalances among people. In fact, most of the Americans are dealing with the issues caused by imbalanced hormones due to an inadequate amount of vitamin D. Add some shrimp to your diet to combat this issue. Shrimp is the perfect superfoods which help you boost vitamin D as well as promote hormone health in your body.
Also, if you want to build muscle, shrimp can help you with that. Available nutrients in the shrimp generate muscle forming hormones which further help you build muscle mass. Add at least 6-7 medium sized shrimps into your 1-week diet plan.
These are some of the amazing superfoods you must have in your diet. Make a weekly diet plan chart and add an adequate amount of every superfood in that. Avoid several health problems like thyroid, diabetes, osteoporosis, and heart disease which are caused by hormone disorders. Along with eating these superfoods, avoid eating foods which can interrupt the equilibrium.
Try to stay from food items like alcohol, caffeine, red meat, and refined carbohydrates. Eat healthy and be healthy.