You won’t believe how powerful food can be in your fight to stay and feel young. You might think that once you reach the age of 50 it’s all downhill from there, but this is simply not true. The reality is that you can look and feel younger, just based on making some changes to your diet. The foods that you eat help to fuel you and nurture you, and this all starts from the inside out.
So if you want to look and feel your best, these are the foods to eat as you try to defy your age. These 9 Superfoods That Can Keep You Feeling Young Past 50 might not be the elixir of youth but can definitely boost your body’s function and help you feel better, look better and build that self confidence that you need to keep enjoying your happy life.
The Superfoods that can keep you feeling young
- Spinach: It’s a delicious green that you can enjoy a number of different ways, but it’s so good for you. It’s the high iron concentration, the vitamins and minerals, and the antioxidants that help you to look and feel your best. Spinach and kale stand out as the best greens out there, and with good reason. They will help you to feel young and nurture you from the inside out.
- Sweet Potatoes: It’s the Vitamin C and the beta carotene that help this special potato to be one of the best options out there. This will help to keep your skin clear, improve your vision, and overall contribute to better health. It’s well worth making the switch to sweet potatoes from regular potatoes, and it’s a delicious way to protect your health as you age.
- Avocado: You know how delicious avocado is, but look deeper when it comes to the anti aging properties that it contains. It’s full of fatty acids, antioxidants, and important nutrients. These all help you to feel great, capture good health, and prevent disease in the future. Do be sure to focus on the appropriate portion so that you don’t overdo it, but if you can keep it to one half to one avocado per day, you are going to love what this delicious addition can do for your ongoing youth.
- Salmon: Salmon and also tuna are so high in Omega 3 fatty acids earning them the title of “good fats”. Eating salmon regularly can help to lower elevated cholesterol and blood pressure levels, contribute to weight loss, to heart health, and it’s an excellent source of protein. These wonderful benefits prove that a fatty fish such as salmon is truly set apart from the rest. You will enjoy how satisfying it is, and you are going to find that it truly helps you to feel young no matter what age you reach.
- Tomatoes: You may not realise just how important something called lycopene is, but you will learn very quickly. The beautiful red color that you find within tomatoes is due to the antioxidant lycopene, and this has been found to be effective in preventing certain types of cancer. This one antioxidant has some wonderful powers in defying aging, keeping you healthy, and helping you to look and feel your best. That’s well worth adding tomatoes to your favourite dishes!
- Citrus Fruits: That powerful Vitamin C isn’t just good for fighting off the common cold. You are helping to boost your immune system every time you eat citrus fruits due to their high concentration of Vitamin C and even Vitamin A. This means that you won’t be as prone to disease in the future and that you are going to feel great now and well into the long term. As an added bonus, citrus fruits may also be helpful with weight loss and speeding up the metabolism too.
- Berries: Sure they taste good, but it goes much further than that. When you eat blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries you are taking in a really wonderful concentration of antioxidants. Their dark rich colour shows that they are loaded with antioxidants which can help you to feel young. They boost your immune system so that you don’t get sick as often, and therefore you feel as good as you look.
- Olive Oil: You need to use the right oil to prepare your food, and yes it really does matter that much. When you use olive oil as you find so predominantly in the Mediterranean diet, you are working towards the right lifestyle. This oil contains all the right fatty acids which can help with heart health, but can also improve your appearance. You are as good as you feel and it all starts with the right oil to prepare and cook your food in, so choosing wisely helps tremendously.
- Red Wine: Yes you read that right, but it’s all about the portion here. You can and should enjoy red wine for the wonderful antioxidants that it contains. You want to limit it to just one 6 ounce glass of wine each day to enjoy the benefits without the unnecessary calories—a little can go a long way!
This contributes to heart health, but also keeps you looking and feeling young. You also get to enjoy something that you love which is always going to help you to feel young, and that’s how it should be.
Though you can’t turn back the hands of time, you most certainly can try to limit how aging looks on you. If you focus on these foods and include them in your diet each day, you are never going to look your age. In the end it’s about clean and healthy living, and that starts with the foods that you eat and embodies the lifestyle that you live. These foods are just a wonderful start towards defying the age that you are, and then it’s about how you feel that helps you to live the best life possible.