Prevention is better than cure! Your diet is the foundation of your health. To avoid any kind of health issues, it is mandatory to pay attention to your diet plan. A healthy diet plan is beneficial for overall well-being. This includes your prostate health as well. Nowadays, prostate cancer is a very common problem among men. To reduce the risk of prostate problems, they should watch out for what they are eating. Here is the list of some healthy foods to maintain prostate health. Have a look at the list of important superfoods:
- Brazil nuts: These amazing nuts are full of selenium which is like a magic potion for prostate health. It is proved that regular intake of selenium lowers the risk of prostate cancer. Also, Brazil nuts include zinc which is another important element for healthy prostate. So, this is definitely a super food for guys who want to keep their prostate healthy.
- Kale: As you know vegetables and whole foods are the best foods to consume. From a long list of vegetables, Kale is one of the best one to eat. It’s like the king of leafy vegetables. This green leafy veggie is rich in calcium, fiber, and vitamin C which promote prostate health.
- Berries: Berries like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and more are loaded with high vitamin C and powerful antioxidants. This vitamin C has excellent healing properties which can help with the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).
- Fatty fish: Go for lean proteins by including healthy nutritious fats including fish and grass-fed beef to your diet. Fatty fish is full of omega-3 fatty acids which can fix an array of health issues like high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, and help you balance your body weight. It is also excellent for prostate.
- Beans: Add plant-based proteins to your diet plan as much as you can for a healthy prostate. Vegetables like seeds and beans contain plenty of fiber, protein, iron and offer benefits not only for the prostate but for the entire body. Seeds like chia and hemp are also great. Two tablespoons chia seeds include 10 grams of fiber which is good for health.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms –mostly those of the Asian variety have excellent healing properties and they can help you fight cancer. The mushrooms are rich in lentinan which is a type of beta-glucan which reflects anticancer properties. Mushrooms can help decrease prostate tumors. So if you decide to make mushrooms a part of your diet plan, you’ve made the right decision.
- Green tea: For decades, green tea is known to have amazing health benefits. Regular intake of green tea offers excellent prevention against prostate cancer, decreases cholesterol, and enhances concentration level. So, don’t be afraid to sip on green tea every day. A variety of green teas is available in the market.
- Pomegranates: This is an unusual fruit with unlimited benefits for your health. This is the latest subject of research of the scientists searching for the variety of benefits. This fruit is rich in antioxidants which slow down the growth of prostate cancer or promote prostate health. The study shows that pomegranates kill cancer cells and slow down the grown of cancerous cells. You can take it in the form of supplements. But, it’s best to eat them wholly or in the form of juice.
- Pumpkin seeds: These seeds provide unique benefits for prostate health especially for those diagnosed with BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy). This condition entails enlargement of men’s prostate gland. Mostly men above 50 years suffer from this problem. The oil present in pumpkin seeds prevents hormones from increasing prostate cells. They also have omega-3 fatty acids and carotenoids. It is proved that men with a great level of carotenoids in their diet plans are less liley to develop conditions like BPH.
- Tomatoes: This is a popular super food which is a great source of lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant which is scientifically proven to maintain prostate health. Tomatoes in sauce, juice, and soup form are more beneficial for the prostate health compared to eating them raw. So add tomato soup or juice to your diet for a healthy prostate.
These are some important and nutritious super foods men are highly recommended to eat. Are you ready to start making healthy food decisions? Well, it’s just one though away. Go ahead and start consuming more of the above mentioned super-foods to keep your prostate healthy.